Monday, October 5, 2009

"David...danced before the Lord with all his might."

I have learned more about God's love in the last year with Ava than I ever have before. I watch Ava and think how much I love her and then I think about how much more God loves her than I do. And I am breathless. I know how much I love Ava and I know that God loves me as much as He loves her and I can't help but feel so loved.

Another thing I have learned is that babies are so honest. They only smile if they mean it, and they only dance when they feel moved. My little Ava feels "moved" a lot. Anytime there is a discernible, and sometimes a not so discernible, beat she is moving and in a state of pure enjoyment. She loves it!! On Sunday, I was so awed by watching my small daughter dance "before the Lord with all *her* might". She heard the praise music and she just couldn't help herself. She had to dance. She stopped right where we were in the aisle and just moved before the Lord. So I sat down and worshiped the Lord where I was with tears in my eyes. How pure was her enjoyment and her intent. Is my worship that pure? I can't help but ask myself how often my worship is as genuine as my one year old daughters. And if I am honest, I have to say no it isn't all the time. I get so caught up in the me of worship that I lose sight of Him.

Thank you Lord for the reminder of how to worship. Thank you for Ava and all that she teaches me about You!

1 comment:

Robin said...

That was just beautiful Andrea! And I couldn't agree more.