Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer Lovin'

My husband has been gone for the week being a counselor at a church camp for high school kiddos. It has been a long week for the both of us. But hearing him talk about all the things going on there has brought back a lot of memories for me.

I remember going to that same camp and it was a spiritual experience for me, there is no doubt about it. However, I was always so interested in the boys! I know this will come as a shock for my mother and others that knew me growing up. I hope I haven't caused anyone to fall off their chair or anything. Anyway, I digress. I always wanted that storybook romance about how you met the most romantic guy who would sweep me off my feet by buying me an ice cold soda out of the vending machine and walk me to my cabin before lights out.

Funny how life, and age, have a way of changing things. Now as a grown-up, my perfect idea of a summer love is my sweet Ava Claire and my husband being home with me playing on the swing set and drinking "deuce" (juice) or "mocha" (milk) as the sun sets.

I did in fact find that perfect guy who loves to buy me soda and now our story has changed. I LOVE IT!! It is so much more than I could ever have imagined. Jayson and I are coming up on our 5 year wedding anniversary and I am completely blown away at the fact that it has been 5 years already! How blessed am I?

1 comment:

Jayson said...

We are both incredibly blessed. God is so good indeed.