Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My First Blog Ever

Well, my mom started blogging awhile ago and I was unsure about it. After reading her blogs I felt drawn to do likewise. You see my mom is the woman I strive to become. She is a pastor's wife and makes it look like something I would enjoy being. Since I now am technically a pastor's wife, I am trying to frantically absorb all I can so that I will be able to support my husband's ministry with teens. I always swore I would never marry a youth pastor, or a pastor of any kind. Not that I dislike the church, I love the church, I have just always thought that they deserve a better leader. My mom always said I would marry a youth pastor and I thought I had won that argument when I married Jayson, a business major. God must have giggled a little when He called Jayson into ministry a year into our marriage. Although I am not yet at peace with this, I am content to continue with my journey with God to help me to become the help mate that my husband needs so that he is as effective of a pastor as my dad has been. I have found that although life sitll has it's ups and downs, it is much more enjoyable with God in the pilot seat. I also feel that through this journey I might be able to become more like my mother, but more importantly I will become more like my Father. Grace is not something that has come naturally to me but something I have strived for all my life. As I have embarked on this journey I will always remember that "God's grace is sufficient" and that is my hope as I endeavor to live by grace.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Hey You!!! I was glad to see you here in this little bog world!!! You seem to have the same gift as your mom, a very good writer. Anyway, feel free to comment on my blog anytime, I love to see messages!! Love you Lots, Mindy

Unknown said...

Wow! Did I actually get in on the first post? How cool is that? I don't think that has ever happened to me.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am a pastor's wife too. But I have many years behind me. Meaning, I am ancient compared to you. In fact, I bet I have a son your age.

Have fun blogging. And come see me again.

Unknown said...

OK, full disclosure. I just checked your profile. I have TWO sons that are OLDER than you. Pass the Geritol.

Robin said...

Andrea - what a good post on your blog! I don't know what you were so worried about! And what sweet words you shared.
You know when our friends were here a couple weeks ago, Carrie mentioned to me how impressed she was that all you girls are so involved in the church. I guess I had just taken it for granted. Since then I have thought a lot about it and I have realized how blessed I am. Dad and I are very proud of our girls and their gifts of service to His church. You are going to be an amazing pastors wife - simply because you are being obedient to what He is asking of you. You will never go wrong when you do what He wants you to do.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

What a good testimony your mother has that you would want to become like her. May God bless you as your follow in her footsteps in serving Him.